Friday, June 19, 2015

Children's Art: Cave Art





Currently we are quite into arts. The children are painting, drawing, crafting a lot themselves and we started to talk about and explore  different well known artist.

Therefore I felt, that we at one point should go back to the very beginning, looking at the very first artworks human beings did.
The plan was to let the children do cave art them selves...well for the moment not completely from the scratch, since I am not yet sure if and how to make earthen colors ourselves...but we started with an assortment of earthen pigments and colorful spices....

But before that we needed a "cave wall".
I gave that a long thought and decided, that we hardly can go out into nature and paint in some natural cave because of nature conservational reasons...
And I figured out, that Wolfgang would not be too please to transport huge even stones in his car (not to speak of him carrying them into the house....)
......the next good thing I could come up with, was  fake piece of wall....

I glued a piece of jute on a wood panel.


After it was completely dried I covered the textil with gesso containing very fine sand to make a rough surface.


The whole thing has to be colored grayish wo make it look like stone....



...and that is where the cave people started to make their cave painting :-)

 This time we sticked to gesso for mixing the pigmentary to paint...but after this successful little starter I definitely should look into making natural paint ourselves....








0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment