Saturday, May 2, 2015

Children's crafts: We dyed some T-shirts

For a couple of years I had some batik colors waiting in the drawer for their time to be used....the time came last week....
I recalled that I once dyed a T-shirt when I was at school in handicrafts lesson and I wanted to show that to the children.

Each child received one white T-shirt. They laid it flat on the table and twisted it from the middle. When all was wound up to one small package we fixed it by spanning some rubber banding across it.




Then came the dyeing process, which was so exciting that I forgot to take picture....but we pretty much followed the instruction given by the manufacturer....

After twenty minutes we took it out of the dying bath, washed it with warm water and.....tata! See the result :-)




0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment